Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Browseabout Books!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Browseabout Books's Website, located at https://www.browseaboutbooks.com/.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Browseabout Books if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: "Client", "You" and "Your" refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", "Ourselves", "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to our Company. "Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Browseabout Books and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Browseabout Books. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from Browseabout Books for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from Browseabout Books
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Browseabout Books
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Browseabout Books
- Redistribute content from Browseabout Books
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Browseabout Books does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Browseabout Books, its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Browseabout Books shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Browseabout Books reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Browseabout Books a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Browseabout Books; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Browseabout Books. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or=
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
- No use of Browseabout Books' logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Return / Refund Policy
Browseabout Books accepts returns on merchandise in original, saleable condition within thirty days of purchase, with proof of purchase. A receipt must be present for a refund in the same form as payment. For gift returns or other returns without the original receipt, store credit will be issued. Certain items (determined on a case by case basis) are nonrefundable. Please contact us prior to purchasing if you are unsure.
For website purchases shipped via USPS, Browseabout will replace or refund items that arrive severely damaged. Replacement is limited to one per customer; if repeat damaged shipments are received at a mailing address, items will be refunded or held for pickup in the store.
Shipping & Payment Information
Depending on your location and your schedule, at checkout you will be able to choose the option below that is most convenient for you. (Please note: we do not offer shipping outside the US.)
In-Store Pickup or Curbside Delivery (free): If you choose the in-store pickup option, your order will be held under your last name at the book desk, and you can pick up the order any time during our regular store hours. There is no charge other than the cost of the book(s).
USPS Ground Delivery: ($5.00 flat fee for most orders): We can ship anywhere in the United States via USPS Shipping. This allows us to provide you with a tracking number, so that you can check on the status of your package. Delivery typically takes 1 to 5 days within the U.S. (though this can vary a great deal during the pandemic); visit USPS for details.
Gift Card Mailing (free): If you are purchasing a gift card, we can mail it to you via USPS for no additional charge. Make sure to choose this shipping option at checkout to avoid shipping costs if you are only purchasing a gift card. (Please note: this method does not provide a tracking number; you may choose a trackable delivery method if you need to track your gift card shipment.)
* Most orders for shipping are fulfilled via Direct-to-Home (DTH) from our wholesale supplier Ingram (the exception is signed or personalized books currently on hand at the store, which will ship from the store location).
* When pickup up an order from the store, please note that to comply with state and city mandates, all customers must wear face masks for service at Browseabout, and customers are asked to use hand sanitizer and observe social distancing directions.
* As always, if you have questions about online ordering, feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us at 302.226.2665.
Procedure for Donation Requests
We receive many requests for donations from many worthy charities and organizations. We strive to fulfill the requests of a multitude of local groups. While we understand that your charity is very important to you, we also have our own list of charities that we feel passionate about. Donations are earmarked for those organizations first; we cannot guarantee that there will be a donation available for your organization.
Due to the large amount of requests we receive, we cannot consider your request unless it meets the following criteria:
- Donations will only be considered for LOCAL charity events.
- Requests for donations must be received at least 30 days prior to the event.
- Requests must be received via email to the address below. We will need a donation receipt mailed to:
133 Rehoboth Ave.
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
Requests for donations should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be contacted if or when there is an item ready for pick up.
Please do not call the store or ask a staff member for details about your donation.
They do NOT have access to this information.
Thank you for understanding.