HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing People, Vol. 2 (with bonus article “The Feedback Fallacy” by Marcus Buckingham and Ashley Goodall) (Kobo eBook)
Are you a good boss--or a great one?
Get more of the management ideas you want, from the authors you trust, with HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing People (Vol. 2). We've combed through hundreds of Harvard Business Review articles and selected the most important ones to help you master the innumerable challenges of being a manager.
With insights from leading experts including Marcus Buckingham, Michael D. Watkins, and Linda Hill, this book will inspire you to:
- Draw out your employees' signature strengths
- Support a culture of honesty and civility
- Cultivate better communication and deeper trust among global teams
- Give feedback that will help your people excel
- Hire, reward, and tolerate only fully formed adults
- Motivate your employees through small wins
- Foster collaboration and break down silos across your company
This collection of articles includes "Are You a Good Boss--or a Great One?," by Linda A. Hill and Kent Lineback; "Let Your Workers Rebel," by Francesca Gino; "The Feedback Fallacy," by Marcus Buckingham and Ashley Goodall; "The Power of Small Wins," by Teresa M. Amabile and Steven J. Kramer; "The Price of Incivility," by Christine Porath and Christine Pearson; "What Most People Get Wrong About Men and Women," by Catherine H. Tinsley and Robin J. Ely; "How Netflix Reinvented HR," by Patty McCord; "Leading the Team You Inherit," by Michael D. Watkins; "The Overcommitted Organization," by Mark Mortensen and Heidi K. Gardner; "Global Teams That Work," by Tsedal Neeley; "Creating the Best Workplace on Earth," by Rob Goffee and Gareth Jones.